How to Turn an Ugly Lease Home Into a Castle!
How would you like to get top dollar for your lease home in the shortest amount of time?
I would like to tell you how to stage an empty lease home using as little money as possible.
- Paint is one of the best things you can do to freshen a property. The colors used are very important. The right colors can give new life to your property. The colors should be very neutral and the rule is no more than two different colors. Soft beige proved a pleasing background for tenants to envision their furniture and accessories in the spaces. Painting has the added advantage of providing a fresh new smell.
- Most carpets need to be cleaned or replaced. Have them professionally cleaned and deodorized before coming on the market.
- Kitchens, appliances and bathrooms need to shine.
- Check all light fixtures. Are they working properly? Bulbs all good? Include outdoor lighting in your check up.
- Is the landscaping appealing? Having your yard neat and trim is the best welcoming card your home can have. It is your home's way of greeting the visitor with a smile. Since the tenant will have the responsibility of caring for your yard, if it is dry, full of weeds and half dead, they may pass on renting your home.
A terrific exercise to assist you in generating rental dollars and quick tenant move in is to drive up to the front of your property and look at it through the eyes of a potential tenant. Is this somewhere you would want to live as far as the condition of the home and the condition of the yard? Enter the home and tour the house as a prospective tenant who has no emotional attachment or financial investment in the home. It may help to have a trusted friend accompany you, one that can be very honest.
We as a property management company can assist you in getting your house in shape. We have relationships with trusted tradesmen and can coordinate estimates and negotiate pricing for you. You can also do the work yourself. The return is a great one. You will rent it for a higher price in a shorter amount of time. You will get a better quality of tenant that appreciates their surroundings. You will have a larger pool of applications to choose from. Your tenant will probably stay longer in the home.
This game plan will help you hit a home run!